We are a field unit of the Oregon State University Extension Service 4-H Youth Development program. Our Outdoor School Program is designed to be taught at our Greider Lodge and Oak Grove Study Site.
Schools/School Districts wishing to participate in the Discovering Oak Woodlands Outdoor School should schedule their dates with us at 503-371-7920 or email@example.com.
- It is important to note that we do not have teaching staff.
- Three teachers, parents or volunteers will be needed each day to teach three different lessons. They will teach their assigned lesson three times as your students rotate through the program .
- The full Discovering Oak Woodlands curriculum includes nine lessons.
- Lesson plans and a complete kit of props & supplies are provided to make it easy to get concepts delivered to your class.
- Schools must provide their own copies of the 10- page field activity handouts to get the most out of these activities.
- Instructors may visit the site prior to the field trip. Just call to set up a time we are happy to show you around.
An electronic copy of the lesson plans Can be found on our Curriculum page on this site.
The lessons are correlated to the Salem/Keizer school district’s science scope and sequence for grade 5 science.
Call any time with any questions or concerns you may have.
We are happy to help you get the most out of your time here!